Still looking for Which microwave oven is best? how to choose oven? What is oven, microwave oven, convection oven? Don’t worry we all go through these kind of questions once every now and then when looking for a best product. So without a further due we will Solve all your queries. and you’ll find the best oven solo or microwave down below.
What is Oven?
An oven is a thermally insulated chamber used for the heating, baking, or drying of a substance, and most commonly used for cooking.
What is Microwave Oven?
A microwave oven is a relatively small, boxlike oven that raises the temperature of food by subjecting it to a high-frequency electromagnetic field. Microwave ovens generate radiation at a frequency of about 2,450 megahertz by means of a magnetron, which is a kind of electron tube.
Difference between Oven, Microwave Oven and Convection Microwave Oven?
“Microwave Oven” is an appliance that uses microwave radiation to heat food. Cooking food in this way is called “microwaving”. An “Oven”, on the other hand, has a heating element which heats the air inside, which then heats the food. A “Convection Oven” uses the fan to circulate the hot air as well as the radio-frequency energy to cook, heat and bake the food. As a result, the food cooks from inside out retaining moisture and having a much better flavor.
Now, If you’re planning to get a microwave oven, go ahead and choose a Convection Micro Oven.
Here’s why Convection Microwave Oven is the right choice:
Convection Ovens can perform all of the five most important cooking functions – Baking, Grilling, Cooking, Heating and Defrosting. Because of this flexibility, these cost between Rs. 8,000 – Rs. 25,000.
The general rule of thumb for choosing the right capacity is:
- 21 to 30 Liters for 2- 4 member family.
- 32 Liters for 4 members and above.
Apart from capacity, here’s what you should look for:
- Easy Access Cooking Buttons
- Power Consumption
- Higher wattage for faster cooking
- Brand credibility, Warranty, and Service.
Our analysis and consumer feedback from across India have been reviewed and checked over 18 specific items. The findings reveal that the 9 safest microwaves to pick from are:
In the world of home appliances, IFB has been a common name and this 20SC2 convective microwave oven is perfect to strengthen your culinary skills. It is 20 liters long and provides a multi-stage meal to make your grilling and baking efforts easier.
The reason we put this in the top is that it includes 24 car cook menus for easy daily use and also has 3 different styles of cooking in memory, alongside a simple multi-story cooking procedure. By being hard at the back, both these aspects enable quicker cooking times.
Fast Access Features: Grill, Weight Defrost, Micro and BBQ choices, Child Lock, Express Cook Choice and Auto Cook Menus, Timer / Clock.
- Simple to use with 24 car cook menus and three styles of cooking cycles prepared in advance for quick cooking.
- Concurring rates
- The keyboard membrane is particularly sensitive to contact and has a multimedia timescreen.
- Grilling mixture and fast cooking equipment.
- The inside cavity may be a bit too small for a rice pot or other similar-sized objects.
The CE1041DSB2 / TL from Samsung is a full convection microwave device with an astounding 28 liter power. Any Indian family will easily cope and have every time a trouble-free cooking experience.
While it is far superior to our list of top IFB in terms of efficiency and strength, the latter takes the cornerstone of fast convection choices, lower cost and above all because of the existence of the package. Sure, you can continue with your device by using a starter kit. The kit is provided by IFB and Samsung does not.
Nonetheless, this microwave oven from Samsung is strong and full of features which can greatly minimize cooking time.
Easy Access Features –
Slim Fry, Roti/Naan, Curd, Power Defrost, Combi, Indian Recipe, Convection, Grill, Turntable option, Clock, Child Lock, and Eco option.
- Unique one press tandoor technology
- Advanced fermentation tech which can help to make curd/yogurt any time
- Pre-programmed local recipes
- Large turntable size
- Quartz convection heater
- 6 power levels, multiple cooking modes and convection temperature from 40- 200 deg. Cel.
- No starter kit available with the package.
Much like the Samsung, in terms of power and characteristics this LG convective microwave oven is very identical. The 28 liters convection model also enables grilling, roasting, boiling, defrosting, baking and several others. This device is practically practical. It includes 251 car cook menus and 175 unique Indian dishes.
Just since this specific model is far more costly than Samsung is it put second and third. Since it comes with a starter package, which is a similar microwave oven with several special features, the quality is quite significant.
- The floral design gravitating on the body appears beautiful and arrives.
- 175 Indian recipes bundled.
- Diet fry choice to cook with minimal oil.
- Motorized Rotisserie 360-degree for fast grilling.
- When running, it’s considered to be a little noisy.
The LG microwave oven is a favourite with many a homemaker in India. Yes, Life’s good when you use LG products in your home.
This 32-litre capacity over is perfectly suitable for large families. As it is a convection model, you can use it for various activities like baking, grilling, reheating, defrosting, and cooking and many more.
The Quartz heater is concealed, thereby acting as a safety feature by preventing accidental scalding of your hands. Cleaning the microwave is easy because of the Steam Clean feature that eliminates grease and grime with absolute ease. In simple words, the LG 32-litre appliance is the best convection microwave oven in India.
- A multipurpose cooking appliance that can cook a variety of delicacies
- 32-litre capacity makes it ideal for large Indian families
- Easy and safe to use
- Cannot carry heavy loads at frequent intervals
- Can make noise at times
We also have another IFB offering, close to the topper on our chart. It is bigger and more powerful but it is accessible at a high price. This is the largest one on the list and is 30 litres. Some modern features such as the rotisserie, fermentation, disinfectant, steam cleaning solutions are also available.
- 30 liters wide room
- Ten options for power level.
- Different convection modes with 101 auto cook menus, express cooking choice, automatic reheating, etc.
- Heat, weight defrost, disinfect & deodorize
- Multi-stage cooking along with barbecue rotisserie, fermentation alternative and sustain warm.
- Option Start Delay
- High prices
- The package does not contain additional products.
The Bajaj 1001 MT is a good, solo microwave oven for fast defrosting, heating and cooking. This machine is fully mechanical in stainless steel cavity, which makes it very durable and less vulnerable to unintentional damage. It provides 17 liters of capacity and is suitable for small families or young people or bachelors.
- Simple and easy to access
- Tough and can easily take regular wear and tear.
- Time and alram function.
- 5 different degrees of control
- Total mechanical power
- Option for defrosting
- No convection options like grilling, roasting, baking etc.
- A bit noisy
- No starter kit.
This BPL convection is our next option on the list. This boasts a 25 liters capacity system which comes with all the convection options. Though it is a bit low on capacity, the simplistic features easily manage to even out things. With smart power selection and auto cook options, this one is a potent microwave oven at this price range.
- Solid built quality and very easy to use.
- The smart cooking alert system
- 6 different power levels for cooking
- The full mechanical control system
- Quick Defrosting option
- Less Service Centres
- No starter kit
The IFB17PM MEC 1 is the solo oven counterpart of the famous and our chosen IFB convection models. This solo microwave is only 17 liters in capacity but it compensates it by providing 3 auto cooking menus as an option.
- Attractive looks and durable
- Comprehensive warranty package
- Flexi power control with 6 power levels! There is an exclusive defrosting option namely: Low, Defrost, Med. Low, Medium, Med.High and High
- 3 complete auto cooking menus
- Low capacity
- No starter kit
Panasonic brings the best of Japanese technology into manufacturing microwave ovens of the highest standards.This 20 liter microwave barbecue is suitable for families and individuals during gatherings and on day to day basis.
The turntable machine means that microwaves and heat are evenly delivered to all parts of the food. It renders the meals more tasteful than ever before.
Often one of the best grill microwave in terms of energy consumption.
- Various choices for cooking
- Controls are simple to use
- Best for Small families or bachelors
- Though it is a Japanese brand, many of the Panasonic models are made in China
How Microwave Oven Works?
A microwave oven (commonly referred to as a microwave) is an electric oven that heats and cooks food by exposing it to electromagnetic radiation in the microwave frequency range. This induces polar molecules in the food to rotate and produce thermal energy in a process known as dielectric heating.
Microwave are so quick and efficient because they channel heat energy directly to the molecules (tiny particles) inside food. Microwaves heat food like the sun heats your face—by radiation. A microwave is much like the electromagnetic waves that zap through the air from TV and radio transmitters.
When Was Microwave Oven Invented?
U.S. physicist Percy Spencer has traditionally been acknowledged to create the first microwave oven using radar technology established during the war following World War II. It was first marketed in 1946, branded “Radarange.” Raytheon also patented its microwave home furnace patents which Tappan first launched in 1955, which were then too huge and costly for home use.
After Sharp introduced low-cost microwave ovens affordable for residential use in the late 1970s, their use spread into commercial and residential kitchens around the world. In addition to their use in cooking food, microwave ovens are used for heating in many industrial processes.